May 19, 2001
Jon's Pop Up Video Millionaire Snippets
• Got an
extra $350 burning a hole in your pocket? Go see Jon in Chicago in September
(see events section for more information).
• Got a
website? Got a hankerin' to share it? Submit your site to the JSEB Webring at:
• Want to
read some articles? Read our massive collection of articles and transcripts
plus eighteen newly archived ones at:
• Want to
know the complete history of the JSEB? Read the new FAQ here:
Up Video Millionaire Snippets
| Jon Stewart | "Bloop"
it's been a while since the Millionaire show with Jon aired (six months, to
be exact, but who's counting?). For those of you who missed the December reairing
of the show with Pop Up Video, here are some of the highlights. Jon played for
the Alzheimer's Association and ended up winning $125,000. (Notes, explanation,
and observations are in parenthesis.)
- Jon was the best player during rehearsal.
- They're the weirdest bunch we've ever had on the show. -- Regis (Regis comments
on this round of celebrity Millionaire.)
- "Obsessed" with Regis (Pops up next to a brief shot of Jon.)
- Daily Show ratings have gone up 400% since Jon became host in 1999.
- "The girl now doesn't leave, ever." (In response to Regis' question, "How
has [marriage] changed your life?")
- Millionaire's female staff members ranked Jon the cutest celebrity on the
- Jon's wife Tracy was in the audience -- but didn't want to appear on TV.
- Jon's first job: stock boy at Woolworth.
- Rap fan (Pops up next to shot of Jon.)
- Drew [Carey] later thought his own questions were much harder. (Pops up after
a question posed to Jon about Spinal Tap.)
- Jon hung out backstage with Alec, Drew, Norm and Charlie. (That would be Alec
Baldwin, Drew Carey, Norm McDonald, and Charlie Sheen.)
- Jon was hoping to be done the first day -- his lifelines were leaving town.
(Jon played second after Alec Baldwin, but the show ended before his turn was
up. He screamed, "NO! I have to go to work!")
- DJ is a writer on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. (DJ was Jon's lifeline.
When Regis asked Jon which friend he would call, Jon responded, "I only have
- Regis: "The Alzheimer's Association would win a quarter million dollars if
you get this, and if you don't, they're back down to $32,000." Jon: "Yeah, but
they'd forget about it eventually." (Jon got boos with some laughs mixed in,
but the audience forgave him because his grandmother had died from Alzheimer's,
which he pointed out apologetically.)
All times Central.
Not liable for emotional distress
resulting from incorrect listings.
8, Sat -- Jon will be in Chicago for the Green Tie Ball at A. Finkl & Sons,
2011 N. Southport. The event features music in three tents, hors d'oeuvres,
open bar and live and silent auctions. Call 800-965-4827 or visit http://www.gatewaygreen.org/gtb10static.htm
for more info. Comedy by Jon Stewart, music by the B-52s. Tickets are $350.
Thanks to Tamara, Brigid, and Shalini.
20, Sun, 12 am, Comedy Central -- Comics Come Home.
• May 21,
Mon -- The Peabody awards will be presented on May 21 in Manhattan. I doubt
it will be televised, but perhaps C-SPAN will be there? We'll see.
21, Mon, 10:30 pm, &
May 22, Tues, 1:30 am, HBO Comedy -- Larry Sanders: The Roast.
May 23, Wed, 10:30 pm
May 24, Thurs, 1:30 am, HBO Comedy -- Larry Sanders: Another List.
30, Wed, 10:30 pm, &
May 31, Thurs, 1:30 am, HBO Comedy -- Larry Sanders: Adolf Hankler.
June 2, Sat, 8:30 am, MTV -- TRL Uncensored.
to Thurs, 9 am, 6 pm, 10 pm, 12:30 am (same night) &
Fri at 9 am & 6 pm, Comedy Central -- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
See the Late Night TV Page for guests at http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html#DS
currently airing on television (check local listings for times):
Big Daddy -- Cinemax and HBO channels.
(Making of Big Daddy is also airing on HBO channels.)
Committed -- STARZ channels.
The Faculty -- Showtime channels and The Movie Channels.
Mixed Nuts -- Showtime channels.
Playing By Heart -- STARZ channels
Wishful Thinking -- The Movie Channel, Showtime channels.
news contributed by Annie of the SSS unless otherwise noted.
Stewart Supremacist Site: http://home.earthlink.net/~jonstewart/
Join the SSS list for immediate updates and last-minute events.